Venus appears 1.4 degrees to the lower left of Jupiter this morning, one day after their epic (close) conjunction. Venus is moving toward its superior conjunction (January 9, 2018) and into the evening sky. Jupiter is heading toward its opposition (May 8, 2018).
The wider scene shows the planetary pair low, just above the trees and housetops. The waning crescent moon over 30 degrees to the upper right of Venus.
For more information about sky watching events:
- 2017, November 13: Venus-Jupiter Epoch Conjunction
- 2017 Evening Planets
- 2017 Morning Planets
- Venus as a Morning Star, 2017
- Chart and Image Collection
- Jupiter’s Year with Spica: A Triple Conjunction
- 2018: Mars Perihelic Opposition
- 2017-2018: Jupiter’s Year in the Claws of the Scorpion, A Triple Conjunction
- 2017-2019: Mars Observing Year with a Perihelic Opposition, July 27, 2018