On October 18, 2011, 35 individuals representing 27 organizations attending a start-up meeting at the DuPage County (Illinois) Regional Office of Education to discuss an online learning initiative in the region. The presentation is included below. Participants identified several areas for further discussion:
- Standards, Practices, Policy
- Technology for online learning, LMS, teacher technologies, student technologies
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Online Curriculum, OER, digital content
- Reasons for Online, promotion, faculty buy-in
- Summer School, Curriculum extensions
- Visit online programs
Subgroups will be forming in early 2012 to explore these issues.
To be included in informational communications, express your interest to idupageonline (at symbol) gmail.com
In addition an administrator academy course is being developed by the ROE about online learning. This will be available later in the year.